So I turned 26.
Every year on my birthday I've written an entry about being thankful for myself, but now as I'm approaching my late twenties I realize that it's no longer enough to just say that in words. My 25th year was the start of of a brand new chapter in my life... back in NYC, starting graduate school... and the year was a pretty good year. I got through my first year at TC, met a lot of wonderful people while still maintaining friendships with my old friends, got my poems published in a journal for the first time, and most importantly my health has been relatively good... I'm grateful for all of these things.
Yet, I need to bring myself to another level of appreciating myself. I need to motivate myself to better use the energy that I have. I feel like lately I have been losing my drive, my passions... I haven't seriously written in a long time, and I have let myself be bothered by insignificant people and things... I'm worth much more than that, and I have the potential for much more.
This year I need to get in touch with my inner artist again and recognize how much I have to offer as a person, as an artist, as a writer, and as a teacher... and I aspire to accomplish and achieve great things. This is a promise to myself.
No comments:
Post a Comment