Monday, March 31, 2014

#821: How I Met Your Mother


Another one of my beloved TV series has ended, which of course, makes me look back and reflect on all the years that's gone by since this show premiered. I did not watch the show when it first came out in 2005, I actually started in 2010, when Marisol and Charles showed it to me one night I was over at their apartment for dinner. I was hooked immediately and it didn't take me too long to catch up with the series, and I've been following it up until today, when the show ended. This show had always been very sentimental, with the main character always falling in love, along with all the talks of "destiny"... I guess that's why I was so attached to it, since I'm all about the sentimentality. Towards the latter half of the series I remember the episodes would often make me cry, the story line became obsessed with the themes of appreciation, of gratitude for the people around you, those whom you have a relationship with, whether it's love, friendship, or family. But it was also about sacrifice--giving up your own happiness to make sure those whom you care for are protected. Throughout the time I've watched this show (2010-2014) I have established unforgettable friendships from three very different points of my life: Bangkok, Teachers College, and Washington DC... I guess what I'm trying to say is, just like Ted from the show had constructed his faith in life through the people and relationship he's encountered, my faith has been similarly affirmed by the unbelievable number of incredible friends I have made in these four years. Thank you, HIMYM.

No comments:

Post a Comment