One of the first things Moritz asked me was, "are you insane?", to which I said no, and I realized that that was a lie. I am definitely insane, but it's what keeps me alive. I make tons of mistakes and I dive heart first into situations because I know it is worth it to chase butterflies. Moritz reminded me of all that, but more importantly, he's reminded me to be vulnerable. Within his first six hours of being in this foreign city he opened his heart and his mind to me and offered kindness, generosity, and smiles. I admire his courage, I don't think it's everyday that someone could do that, especially in an unfamiliar place, but it really does help a person grow. I don't know when I'll see Moritz again, but I am so thankful for the chance to connect with him.

No comments:
Post a Comment