Saturday, March 21, 2015

#948: Glee


It's been a couple of months since I've written on this blog... I guess a lot has happened during this time that's made me sad, anxious, doubtful, angry, impatient... but today, as I finished watching the final episode of Glee it made me remember the time when I decided to create this blog. I know a lot of people would think it's silly how sentimental I am feeling about a television show, but the truth is, this show was there during many pivotal moments in my life... the death of my grandmother, my move to Thailand, my return to New York, my graduating from graduate school, my breakup, and finally my return to Thailand. I've taken a lot of unwise decisions in these past six years, but every time I feel like I've fallen to a place of no return, I remember the music and the underlying message of this show... so how appropriate that this show started began with the message of "Don't Stop Believing" and ended with "I lived". I was still very much a kid when this show started, but now I am an adult... and it's scary to know that there will no longer be the music and the cheers to bring me back, just as there will no longer be a hand to lead me and protect me from harm... but I have no idea how long I will live this life, how long I will get to enjoy my current happiness... so I'm doing all that I can to not have any regrets. I, too, want to say that "I lived" at the end of this road.

Thank you, Glee, for the past six years.

No comments:

Post a Comment