Somehow, the person I should be most grateful for always seem to be the one I take most for granted. I know that a few simple posts on this blog does not mean anything, but it is still important to mention my mother. As an only child to a single parent, my greatest fear is to fail my mother, and everything I do, subconsciously or consciously, I would like her approval. There are many things that I have done that she wouldn't approve of, there are certain achievements in my life that she wouldn't recognize, and because of this we've had countless arguments and misunderstandings. They are mostly my fault, of course. Yet somehow, as a mother she always finds strength to put me first, to eventually support me even when she doesn't agree.
I am most grateful to my mother, and I wish to continue making her proud, even in small ways. Maybe reminding myself to be thankful for every day could be a step towards that.
No comments:
Post a Comment