Sunday, November 13, 2016

#1003: Chiangmai 30


Last week I wrote about my Bangkok family feeling nostalgic and almost a sense of loneliness, it has definitely been hard being away from them since I've moved to Chiangmai. This week I had a birthday party with friends in Chiangmai, and while I don't know these guys for as long as I have known my Bangkok friends, I cannot deny the fact that they too have treated me with kindness, generosity, and love. I'm most thankful to the energy of these individuals. I never thought to have a themed party because I thought it would just be too troublesome, but people here really surprised me with their enthusiasm. They really did help make my 30th birthday remarkable and super fun. And of course, there's Dan, the core foundation of my slowly forming Chiangmai family. I feel blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment