I feel very fortunate to have had the opportunity to go on this adventure, and it would not have been possible without the friends I met on the way:
Tu Lay-- Although our time together was short and mostly revolved around Chinese food, I enjoyed every bit of it. I loved Asian-ing it up with you in your home town and I look forward to eating more Chinese food with you back home.
Danny-- I loved Liverpool and having you show me around town, but I most appreciated seeing the kindness and generosity you possess around the people you love and care about. Spain was also a lot of fun and you fully supported my eating frenzy. I had a great time being in your hospitality and being your travel companion.
Aine and Conor-- My Galway experience was extraordinary, I am so grateful that my revisit to Ireland was done with you guys as I would have never seen and experienced the grand landscapes of your country. I am also glad that you revived my love for Guinness. Meeting Mary and Ken parents was as magical as they had always described, it was lovely to be in the environment that birthed the amazing being known as Conor.
Stephen-- Being in your presence again made me regret not having spent more time with you back in Chiangmai! You are such a sophisticated character, I had not even a single dull moment with you. Thank you also for being so generous to allow me into your home.
Jemma, Emily, and Rachel-- Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedules to meet me even though it was short. It was such a rush of nostalgia to spend time with you guys again and your warmth towards me made me remember why I loved Dublin in the first place.
Christian-- Thank you for the most educational experience in Berlin. The amount of planning you put into the trip made me fall in love with the city, and with the German language once again. And also, thank you for the better food choices this time.
Ricardo-- You were such an amazing host and it was such a spectacular experience to witness the fabulous environment in which you thrive. You also showed me gorgeous parts of the Netherlands that I never would have seen on my own and it made me love your country even more. And all the eccentric Dutch TV shows, of course.
Stefano-- You were, again, an extremely patient and generous travel companion. I am so thankful for the opportunity to travel with you again and I can't imagine a better person with whom to experience Amsterdam for the first time.
Martin-- It was such a treat to make a new friend in a foreign land, and you represented your country, and city so well. Your kindness and humour made me fall in love with Dutch-land.
Felix-- You are the best ex-boyfriend. You indulge me in my eating frenzy and you still take care of me and always make sure I have a good time. I loved seeing you being the same silly thing from five years ago, but at the same time having accomplished so much as a person. I loved spending time with you in Rome.
Wayne-- I love you, that's all.
No comments:
Post a Comment