Friday, August 1, 2014
#907: Bangkok
This trip meant so much to me. Three years may not seem like a very long time, but to return to a place where it really felt like was a big part of your "growing up" timeline is absolutely frightening; to revisit it and feeling like that everyone has moved forward but my feelings, my status had been static and frozen in time. But that was not what I had felt when I arrived here, instead, I felt an incredible sense of belonging. I felt entirely welcomed, mostly thanks to my friends who were nothing but warm and generous. It was incredible to reconnect, to reminisce the old but also to create new memories and bonds. This trip was everything--it's given me hope and courage to move past my struggles and look forward to new adventures. I am grateful.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment