Thursday, January 1, 2015
#934: 2014
I know a lot of people have been posting Facebook slideshows to reflect on their year... I'm not going to do that because I don't think my pictures really show how amazing of a journey 2014 has been for me. Needless to say, the fact that I am back in Bangkok is big enough of a reason to be super thankful for this year, but even beyond that, 2014 has been kind to me. I entered 2014 with someone I love, Felix, who showed me a great time in his hometown in Spain. Then in February I fell in love with Jeremy, and in the short few months we were together he made me feel things--joy, surprise, hurt, and most importantly, courage--things that I've never felt that to extent before. I learned so much about myself in that relationship, and I even surprised myself at the capacity for love I have unknowingly developed. Work wise, I had the most amazing coworkers, particularly those whom I really grew close to--Caroline, Meg, Cassie, Kyle--these people helped me so much in developing mindfulness and care for others. I was able to also open myself up to my mother in a way that I have been afraid to for the past six years, and that's also brought us closer. My trip to Asia was full of surprises, but I was able to spend really quality time with Pascal, and then with my family here in Bangkok, which made me realize that I have to make it back here somehow. When it came time for me to leave New York, it was not easy, especially to say goodbye to Wayne, Cynthia, and Yi. It's incredible how much closer the four of us have become over the past few years... and it was heartbreaking to leave them, but I also knew it was necessary because the four of us were starting our own new adventures. There are tons more people and moments that I'm grateful for in 2014, it would impossible for me to list all of them... but if you were a part of my year, no matter how small or fleeting, I thank you for making it special. Namaste.
Labels:
2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment