Friday, April 10, 2015
#951: Joe G.
I would be lying if I said that I don't miss NYC, because as interesting as the people I meet in Asia are, New York has a particular brand of attitude that really makes me feel comfortable and connected to its culture. Joe was a really pleasant surprise not only because he was an exciting burst of nostalgia, but learning that he and I have had so much overlapped time and experiences in New York yet we have never met before really makes me appreciate the strange twist and turn our lives take. We are often surprised by how "small" the world is because everyone is bound together by a certain degree, yet encounters like this one just brings back the magic and mystery of life for me. Joe in his own right is amazing, he's got a great sense of humor and is incredibly intelligent, but what I appreciated most about him was his sense of risk. From his life story of how he ended up in Asia to just his willingness to be vulnerable in front of a perfect stranger, there's so much poetry to his decisions, so much color to his life choices... It's truly inspiring.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment