Tuesday, April 30, 2024

#1011: Ryan S.


I feel like I've known Ryan for way longer than the three years we've been friends. We met in the midst of COVID, on a weekend in October. I never imagined such an important friendship would have emerged from our encounter. Ryan has been the most generous friend; he has cooked me an amazing steak dinner during curfew times in Bangkok, he gifted me one of my favourite novels (Ocean Vuong's "On Earth We're Briefly Gorgeous), he buys me coffee every time he visits Vietnam... the list goes on. But as great of a gift giver as he is, Ryan has also shown me an infinite amount of love and patience in the time we've known each other. He's always encouraged me to write, and he so often inspires me with the pieces of wisdom has collected throughout his fabulous days. I love that Ryan is unapologetic about his vulnerabilities, that he is driven by his passions, and that he is always so kind and funny. I love when Ryan puts on a Boston accent for me. I love when Ryan bursts into songs about anything. I love that I can just exist around Ryan and just feel so happy.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment