Sunday, March 6, 2011

#154: My Students


Everyday, in the past year, these guys have showered me with unconditional joy. The year has gone by too quickly, and it breaks my heart to have to let go of them. My students have changed my life; I came to Bangkok looking for reasons to be strong, to be happy, and my kids have shown me that happiness is actually all around me if I am willing to open my eyes and heart to look. I guess when as you grow older and the more jaded you get, you just tend to forget that happiness can be found anywhere, and in anything. I wish I could be by these kids' side to remind them as they grow older, to never forget their innocence, to never forget their smiles. I wish I could be by their sides to remind them when they get hurt to never give up, to never give into despair. I pray that each and every one of them can live their lives with infinite joy and free of regrets.

No comments:

Post a Comment