Sunday, November 6, 2011

#318: Grandma


My grandmother's birthday had just passed, it's kind of crazy that she's been gone over two years already. There's no doubt in my mind that she is the kindest person I know, and although she has physically left us, she's left behind a history of kindness and compassion that I am still trying to learn from. I believe everything I know about compassion, I had learned from my grandmother. I really wish I had inherited her patience, but perhaps it was never something she was born with, but something she had learned to develop throughout her life. I am continually inspired by her, and as I am approaching my 25th birthday, I promise myself to learn to become more forgiving, and lessen my hate for even those who have hurt me in the past.

2 comments:

  1. Agreed, your grandma was always so kind...

    Minus that one time when she yelled at the parking lot guy for backing up a car and came too close. lol.

    ReplyDelete