
I didn't grow up with Thanksgiving, so it has a much less sentimental impact for me than Christmas. Even after I moved back to New York, we hardly ever celebrate this holiday since it's usually just my mother and I. I do have some fond memories related to Thanksgiving though. My god-grandmother Alice, along her son and daughter in law (whom I call uncle Martin and aunt May) always set aside Thanksgiving food for us every year... and aunt May always made amazing cookies along with the standard turkey and stuffing... so that was pretty special. But since my god-grandmother passed away, her family moved to Florida and that ends my Thanksgiving tradition. Though since then, I have on occasions gone to my friends' homes for Thanksgiving... people like Wayne, Rebecca, and I think Christel once if I remember correctly. Even though my family doesn't really gather for this particular holiday, I'm grateful that others do.
No comments:
Post a Comment