
I think I often forget to give recognition to myself, and it is time that I do so again. In the past couple of days I've been spending some time identifying my problems, and it was daunting how plentiful they were. Yes, I have a lot of flaws that needs to be improved, but there is so much good about myself that I should draw strength from. I admit, part of the reason why I'm writing this post now is that I'm going through a rough patch, but as I'm dealing with my upsets and disappointments I have come to realize some really wonderful things about myself. I have the capacity to be extremely empathic; in the past I have gone out of my way to help people in need, people who are not even that close to me, but I could not stand the thought of them being alone, and I certainly could not risk having them think that they have been abandoned. I also have the gift to illuminate people, I am able to see the greatness in other people and I am never afraid to tell them how lovely they really are. There is a lot of good inside of me, I just need to give it the chance to manifest itself. This is a promise to be patient with myself, to take life one step at a time, and remember to always live life with gratitude.
No comments:
Post a Comment