Friday, May 3, 2024

#1014: Harris

 


How do I sum up my gratitude for the Doctor? I am always in awe of Harris' ability to be generous in all facets of his life. It was really through him where I learned that empathy is not just some passive ability people have, it's something you choose to work towards and develop. Harris' professional scope always astounds me because he is often curious about the lives of people that have little direct relevance to his own life, and he is always pushing boundaries and asking important questions that make people think beyond our own selfish perspectives. Aside from being an accomplished professional, Harris has very solidly become family to me. We bonded so quickly even while I was still living in Chiang Mai, and he was in Bangkok. Harris was always ready to welcome me when I visit, and especially during COVID times when he was dealing with so much personal issues, he still offered me so much sanctuary in a time when I really struggled. Harris also has such a great sense of humour, you wouldn't expect it at first but it is so witty but balanced with just the right amount of self-effacement, he really is a joy to be around.  

No comments:

Post a Comment