Sunday, June 1, 2014

#844: Debbie


We often joke that Debbie is my adopted mother, and there is some truth in that. Debbie was my first friend from Teachers College, and we have always been very close despite our generation difference. When there are things that I'm afraid to seek help from my actual mother, Debbie would gladly step in to give me advice. She's also just loved me immensely over the years, having utmost faith in me despite my shortcomings and moments of struggles. And she's another person who's really pushed to make sure I'm okay, pushing aside all her own responsibilities and concerns. Perhaps it comes with life experience, but Debbie is so incredible strong as a person. She's made so many courageous decisions and sacrificed so many of her own comforts to do what she believes in right, and part of that is to love the people around her. I will always appreciate Debbie for the wonderful friend, and mother, that she is. 

No comments:

Post a Comment